Kalymnos is highly recommended to be visited during a Turkey Yacht Charter. Kalymnos has been inhabited since Neolithic times. The first inhabitants of the island seem to have been Carians, who arrived with lying opposite the coast Brown (Asia Minor). Behind them were the Cretans, and later, around 1100 BC - Dorians from Argos, founded the town, which is also called Argos. Homer says in the "Iliad", which ships with "islands Kalidniyskih" took part in the war against Troy. It seems that "Kalidniyskimi" was called in those days, a small group of islands, which include and Kalymnos. From this Homeric name and was the modern name of the island. In the V century BC ally of the Persians invaded the island - the queen of Halicarnassus Artemisia. After the Greco-Persian Wars Kalymnos became a member of the Delian League. Since then began years of its dependence on neighboring Kos. Then Kalymnos was captured by the Romans, and from the end of the XIII century - Genoese. Then, the fortress and Pera Chorio-Castro (Hrisoheri) were built. Knights of the Order of St. John conquered the island in 1306 and owned it until 1522, when the threat of Turkish invasion left Kalymnos to give decisive battle on its core areas - Rhodes. The Turkish domination lasted until 1912, when the Italians captured Kalymnos. The decision to close the Greek schools Italians local population responded determined resistance. Houses on Kalymnos painted in the national colors of Greece - white and blue. Blue color is preserved in many homes still though somewhat faded. Reunification of Kalymnos, as well as other islands of the Dodecanese, Greece took place in 1948.
Kalymnos or Pofiya. The picturesque capital (and also the main port of the island) is located in an amphitheater on the slopes of the Rocky Mountains. The houses here are painted in bright colors that make them particularly cheerful. During a stop Turkey Yacht Charter enjoy an evening stroll along the promenade close to shops, boats, yachts, among many people, you can see how lively this city. In the middle of the promenade stands the church of Christ the Savior with a marble iconostasis, carved the famous sculptor and painter Yannoulis Chalepas, and with beautiful icons and frescoes kalimnosskih famous artists. The Archaeological Museum is housed in a beautiful neoclassical building on the waterfront to the north, in the quarter of the Holy Trinity. Among the exhibits - the marble head of Asklepios, Mycenaean vessels and other objects from the Neolithic to the Roman era. To the northeast, at the foot of the mountain Flaskias at a small distance from the Cave of the Seven Pofii is Dev, or Cave of the Nymphs. This name cave was because seven girls wanting to avoid capture by pirates fled to the cave and disappeared into it. In the same direction, but the south is the Fortress Hrisohery (Zlatorukoy), built on the ruins of the Knights of the Byzantine fortress. At the fortress stands the church of the Virgin Hrisohery.
The essential point that influences the choice of Turkey yacht charter, are the wind Meltemi. So the Greeks called persistent northerly winds, which are beginning to blow in June to July, gaining strength and are very refreshing.